Elon Musk shared last Thursday a curve rich in information on the use of superchargers since May 2019 by geographical area (NAM, EMEA, China, APAC).
Curves that bear witness to the crisis
You can use the graphic to confirm:
- the global nature of the crisis
- compliance with containment rules by the population
- a global recovery in all regions of the world
- global usage up 30% since May 2019
- a recovery at the same level as soon as the end of containment is announced for China
A state of the world that demonstrates the correlation between automobile use and our societies.
It is also interesting to note that Asia Pacific does not seem to have been impacted by the containment measures or that the volume of ownership does not allow mass effects to be visualized.
For ease of reading, here are the details of the legend:
- NAM: North America
- EMEA: Europe, Middle East, Africa
- China: China
- APAC: Asia Pacific
Feel free to share your analysis on this curve in commentary or on our forums.